Controllerer (Private Debt Funds)
We are expanding our firm in to private debt funds, offering a range of investment solutions to our clients. We manage a diverse portfolio of private debt investments across multiple verticals in the healthcare space, providing capital to support growth, acquisitions, and refinancing needs. As a controller in our organization, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements, and supporting the overall financial management of our private debt funds. This role is mostly remote but must live in Charlotte or willing to relocate to Charlotte.
As a Controller in our Private Debt Funds division, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations, reporting, and compliance of our funds. You will collaborate closely with the finance, investment, and operations teams to ensure accurate and timely financial information, maintain a robust control environment, and provide critical insights to aid in decision-making processes. This position requires strong technical expertise, attention to detail, and a deep understanding of private debt investments and related accounting practices.
1. Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of financial data, variances, and trends to ensure accuracy and identify potential areas of concern.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting packages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with external auditors during the annual audit process and address any audit-related inquiries.
2. Fund Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the fund accounting and administration activities, ensuring proper recording of investment transactions, income recognition, and valuation processes.
- Monitor and reconcile general ledger accounts, investment portfolios, and cash positions.
- Review and validate investor capital activity, including capital calls, distributions, and allocations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date fund records and investor information
3. Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay updated with relevant regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, including reporting to regulatory bodies and industry associations.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of regulatory filings and surveys.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address any compliance-related matters.
4. Internal Controls and Process Improvement:
- Develop and implement robust internal control procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Identify process inefficiencies and areas for improvement, and actively contribute to the implementation of enhancements.
- Participate in system implementations or upgrades related to financial reporting and fund accounting.
5. Financial Analysis and Decision Support:
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support investment decisions, fund performance evaluations, and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the investment team to evaluate potential investment opportunities and perform financial due diligence.
- Assist in the preparation of investor communications, investor presentations, and fund marketing materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA or CFA designation is preferred.
- Strong understanding of private debt investments, fund structures, and related accounting principles (e.g., ASC 946).
- Previous experience in fund accounting or financial reporting within the private debt industry is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and analysis, including the use of accounting software and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing private debt funds, such as SEC regulations or AIFMD, is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyze complex financial data.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
Join our dynamic and growing organization as a Controller in our Private Debt Funds division, and contribute to our success by ensuring accurate financial reporting, maintaining compliance, and supporting the CEO.
If you are interested, please reach out to Lindsay Bauer firstname.lastname@example.org