We are an emerging private debt fund specializing in providing specialty loans to companies within the healthcare sector. Our fund is dedicated to supporting healthcare businesses in their growth and expansion plans by offering tailored credit solutions. As a Credit Officer, you will play a vital role in assessing creditworthiness, managing loan portfolios, and ensuring compliance with lending policies and regulations. Additionally, you will contribute to the underwriting and origination processes to drive successful loan transactions.
Job Summary: We are seeking a skilled Credit Officer with underwriting and loan origination experience to join our team and contribute to the evaluation, structuring, and management of specialty loans within the healthcare sector. In this role, you will be responsible for assessing creditworthiness, conducting due diligence, underwriting loan applications, originating new loans, and monitoring loan portfolios to ensure effective risk management and maximize the fund's returns.
- Credit Assessment: Conduct comprehensive credit analysis and evaluate the creditworthiness of healthcare companies applying for specialty loans. Assess financial statements, credit reports, industry trends, and market dynamics to make informed lending decisions.
- Underwriting: Utilize your underwriting expertise to evaluate loan applications, assess credit risk, and structure loan terms and conditions. Collaborate with the investment team to ensure the underwriting process aligns with the fund's lending policies and risk appetite.
- Loan Origination: Originate new loans by identifying potential borrowers, cultivating relationships, and analyzing their financing needs. Collaborate with the origination team to develop loan proposals, negotiate terms, and facilitate loan closings.
- Due Diligence: Perform thorough due diligence on potential borrowers, including reviewing business plans, financial projections, collateral valuation, and industry-specific risks. Identify potential risks and mitigating factors to support loan structuring and negotiations.
- Portfolio Management: Monitor the performance of the loan portfolio, including borrower financials, loan covenants, and compliance with contractual obligations. Identify early warning signals and proactively address potential credit issues.
- Risk Mitigation: Implement risk mitigation strategies and monitor loan portfolios to minimize credit losses. Recommend appropriate actions, such as loan modifications, collateral liquidation, or refinancing, to optimize portfolio performance.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure compliance with internal lending policies, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices. Maintain accurate loan documentation, credit files, and records in accordance with established procedures.
- Relationship Management: Foster positive relationships with borrowers and serve as a primary point of contact for credit-related matters. Communicate effectively with borrowers, internal stakeholders, and external partners to address inquiries and resolve issues.
- Reporting and Communication: Prepare comprehensive credit reports, loan reviews, and portfolio performance updates for senior management and investment committees. Communicate credit risk assessment, portfolio analysis, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. Additional certifications or advanced degrees (CFA, MBA) are desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience as a credit officer, underwriter, or in a similar role within the financial services industry. Prior experience in specialty loans in healthcare required.
- Underwriting and Origination: Proven experience in underwriting and originating loans, including analyzing loan applications, assessing credit risk, structuring loan terms, and negotiating loan agreements.
- Financial Analysis Skills: Strong financial analysis skills, including the ability to analyze financial statements, assess credit risk, and interpret industry trends. Proficiency in financial modeling and using Excel or other financial software.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the healthcare sector, including an understanding of healthcare business models, regulatory environment, reimbursement systems, and industry-specific risks.
- Risk Assessment: Demonstrated ability to assess credit risk, conduct due diligence, and make sound lending decisions. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey credit assessments, loan recommendations, and portfolio updates to stakeholders at all levels.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and compliance in credit analysis, loan documentation, and portfolio management.
- Compliance Mindset: Knowledge of lending regulations, compliance requirements, and risk management practices within the financial services industry.
- Team Player: Ability to collaborate effectively in a team-oriented environment, working with colleagues and stakeholders to drive successful loan transactions.