Talentbridge is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for a local team in the midst of big growth.This position will be responsible for launching new programs including approving new product designs, analyzing and approving new manufacturing equipment for the products and assessing/approving new processes to manufacture the products.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and install secondary equipment in conjunction with APQP engineering and maintenance.
- Continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve upon departmental efficiencies.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- Assist in launching new programs by developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating cycle times and labor requirements, line balancing, and tracking builds prior to SOP.
- Coordinate with program engineers on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies (Design for Manufacturing). Assist in developing work guidance's, FMEAs and control plans pertaining to initiated process changes.
- Assist in communicating and training all Quality Department Team Members, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated process changes.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Review ergonomics for building and inspecting procedures.
- A Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related.
- Exposure to DFMEA, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
- strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.