Talentbridge is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join an outstanding team here locally in Charlotte,NC. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product quality, implementing corrective actions, developing inspection and test plans, and conducting internal and external audits. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in quality assurance, experience in welded fabrication codes, and experience with internal/external audits and supplier evaluations.
- Develop and implement quality assurance procedures and standards to ensure compliance with industry regulations, customer requirements, and internal quality objectives.
- Perform root cause analysis and lead corrective and preventive action (CAPA) initiatives to address product non-conformances, customer complaints, and quality issues.
- Develop and maintain inspection and test plans (ITPs) that outline the necessary inspections, tests, and quality checks at various stages of production.
- Conduct internal audits to verify adherence to quality standards, identify areas for improvement, and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct external audits of suppliers and subcontractors to evaluate their quality systems, processes, and capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Production, Engineering, and Purchasing, to establish and maintain quality requirements for purchased components and materials.
- Support the development and implementation of quality control plans, including statistical process control (SPC) methods and tools.
- Analyze quality data, metrics, and trends to identify areas of improvement and drive continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations, with a focus on welded fabrication codes.
- Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing personnel regarding quality-related issues, inspection techniques, and testing procedures.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits, providing necessary documentation and ensuring compliance with audit requirements.
- Collaborate with the Supplier Quality team to evaluate and qualify new suppliers, monitor supplier performance, and drive supplier improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a Quality Engineer role, preferably in a manufacturing or fabrication environment.
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems (e.g., ISO 9001) and quality assurance principles.
- Familiarity with welded fabrication codes and standards (e.g., AWS D1.1, ASME Section IX).
- Experience conducting internal and external audits, including audit planning, execution, and reporting.
- Proficiency in using quality tools and techniques, such as root cause analysis, CAPA, SPC, and statistical analysis.
- Strong understanding of inspection methods, testing procedures, and metrology equipment.
- Knowledge of supplier evaluation and qualification processes, supplier quality management, and supplier development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to apply analytical thinking to identify and resolve quality issues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams, suppliers, and customers.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and precision.
- Quality-related certifications (e.g., ASQ Certified Quality Engineer) are desirable.