The provided job description outlines the role of a Team Lead responsible for overseeing a team that performs Benefit Verifications within a Micro-Hub setting. Here's a breakdown of the primary duties, qualifications, and skills required for this position:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Day-to-Day Instructions: Offer guidance and instructions to team members responsible for processing Benefit Investigations.
Coaching and Issue Resolution: Support and coach team members in resolving issues related to the successful completion of benefit investigations.
Performance Monitoring: Monitor the job performance of seasonal employees, ensuring they complete necessary tasks in accordance with client service level requirements.
Production Monitoring: Conduct daily monitoring of employee production to ensure teams meet or exceed performance standards and maintain quality control.
Training Initiatives: Assist in training initiatives to prepare seasonal Reimbursement Specialists to meet performance benchmarks for processing benefit verifications.
Escalation of Issues: Escalate issues as needed following prescribed protocols to the Supervisor.
Training Document Development: Help develop program training documents to facilitate effective training of team members.
Open Communication: Maintain open communication with the staff to address concerns, provide support, and ensure a positive work environment.
Identify Program Issues: Proactively identify program challenges and propose solutions to the Supervisor.
Customer Relations: Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
Related Duties: Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Experience: At least 2 years of prior experience in a specialty pharmacy, medical insurance, reimbursement hub, physician's office, healthcare setting, or insurance background is preferred.
- Benefit Investigations: Previous experience in processing benefit investigations in a fast-paced environment is highly desirable.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree is preferred but not required.
- Leadership Experience: Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred but not required.
- Remote Work: Experience in directing a remote workforce is highly desirable.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Supervisory Skills: Ability to grasp and apply supervisory and coaching concepts and best practices.
- Computer Skills: Ability to learn and use new computer systems in a fast-paced setting.
- Time Management: Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Office: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Issue Resolution: Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently.
- Escalation: Proven ability to appropriately escalate issues to management.
- Motivational Skills: Provide a climate for motivation and support.
- Delegation: Ability to appropriately delegate tasks.
- Remote Work: Ability to work remotely.
Overall, this job description outlines the responsibilities and qualifications required for the Team Lead position in a Micro-Hub setting focused on Benefit Verifications. It emphasizes the importance of leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills, along with experience in healthcare or insurance-related roles.