Our client is a leading player in the refining industry, dedicated to providing top-notch refining solutions to our clients. They are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to join our team and contribute to their ongoing success.
As an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer you will play a pivotal role in designing electrical systems within their refining plants. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing installation of the instrumentation and control systems that govern our refining processes. Your expertise will ensure the reliability, safety, and efficiency of our operations.
Instrumentation Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and specify instrumentation and control systems for new projects and upgrades.
Control System Integration: Develop and integrate control strategies, PLC, DCS, and SCADA systems to monitor and control refining processes.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Conduct routine maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control systems to ensure uninterrupted operations.
Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards, implementing safety measures in control systems to minimize risks.
Process Optimization: Continuously monitor and analyze data from instrumentation systems to identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency improvements.
Documentation: Maintain detailed documentation of instrumentation and control systems, including drawings, manuals, and procedures.
Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, maintenance, and project management, to achieve refining goals and resolve technical issues.
Budget Management: Assist in managing budgets related to instrumentation and controls projects, including cost estimation and control.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in instrumentation and controls engineering within the refining, petrochemical, or chemical processing industry.
- Strong proficiency in PLC programming, DCS configuration, and SCADA systems.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and regulations, including ISA, ANSI, and NFPA.
- Familiarity with HAZOP studies and SIL analysis.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.