Location: Charlotte, NC
Onsite Flexibility: Hybrid
Connecting People with Their Purpose
At TalentBridge, we know success begins with personal connections, and our goal is to fully understand your values, motivations, and passions, then to connect you with companies whose values and motivations match your own.
Whether you're looking for temporary employment or a full-time career, the TalentBridge family is here to help.
About the Role
We're looking for a talented…..JOB TITLE to DO WHATEVER IT IS WE'RE LOOKING FOR (FILL IN THE BLANKS)
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
The Staff Accountant plays a critical role in the Finance department and is responsible for assisting in various accounting and financial tasks to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial records. This position involves supporting day-to-day financial operations, reconciling accounts, preparing financial reports, and contributing to the overall financial health of the organization.
General Ledger Maintenance: Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial transactions.
Accounts Payable and Receivable: Process invoices, payments, and receipts, and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable as needed.
Bank Reconciliation: Regularly reconcile bank statements to internal records, investigating and resolving discrepancies.
Expense Tracking: Monitor and track expenses, ensuring compliance with company policies and budgets.
Financial Reporting: Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
Month-End and Year-End Close: Support the month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries, accruals, and adjustments.
Audit Support: Collaborate with auditors during annual audits, providing documentation and explanations as required.
Budget Assistance: Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets, as well as variance analysis.
Tax Compliance: Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax regulations, and assist in the preparation of tax returns.
Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis and provide insights to support decision-making and strategic planning.
Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized financial records and documentation.
Ad Hoc Projects: Participate in special projects and tasks as assigned by the supervisor or management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA certification or progress toward CPA preferred.
- Previous experience in accounting or finance, preferably as an intern or in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant tax regulations is a plus.
- This position typically works in an office environment.
- May require occasional overtime during month-end or year-end close.
- Some flexibility in work hours may be required to meet deadlines.