Description of Duties:
- Understands and trains others in product characteristics, attributes, and quality control testing procedures.
- Optimizes streamlined training program for all Quality Assurance technicians, as well as annual employee food safety training.
- Provides technical and process knowledge for product batching, product testing, package testing, and supplier approval.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and packaging equipment) and its related impact on the overall food safety and quality.
- Utilizes sound judgment to respond to and proactively reduce customer and consumer complaints.
- Investigates root-cause analysis for quality concerns and issues while implementing corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Works regularly with shift supervisors and departmental managers to develop and maintain the most efficient quality assurance procedures for respective areas.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required in the absence of Quality Assurance Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of process improvements, technical developments, and best industry practices.
- Serves as a member of the food safety team and recall/withdrawal team.
- Must be HACCP certified.
- Acts as HACCP Coordinator working to develop, implement, and maintain HACCP/HARPC Plans.
- Ensure that GMP practices are followed with all personnel.
- Become proficient in all products and allergen management.
- Be able to learn company utilized IT systems in order to accurately maintain QA information.
- Coordinate with external testing laboratories to ensure product safety.
- Be able to learn best SQF practices.
- Occasional weekend work in order to meet company and customer needs.