Our client is a leading chemical and household cleaner consumer goods manufacturer, committed to delivering high-quality products that enhance lives and environments. With a focus on innovation and sustainability, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Regulatory and Compliance to lead their regulatory and compliance efforts in the household cleaner industry.
As the Director of Regulatory and Compliance, you will be a key leader responsible for ensuring our products meet all regulatory requirements and compliance standards. You will play a critical role in safeguarding our commitment to product safety, environmental responsibility, and legal compliance. Your strategic guidance and expertise will drive our continued success and reputation as a responsible industry leader.
Regulatory Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive regulatory and compliance strategy that aligns with business objectives and industry standards.
Compliance Oversight: Ensure that all products and processes adhere to local, national, and international regulations, standards, and certifications related to chemical and paint manufacturing.
Regulatory Research: Stay updated on changes in regulations and standards, and assess their potential impact on the company. Make recommendations for adaptation as necessary.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various internal teams, including R&D, quality control, legal, and product development, to incorporate regulatory considerations into product design and development.
Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of regulatory compliance and reporting, including safety data sheets, labels, and documentation for government agencies.
Risk Management: Identify and assess potential regulatory and compliance risks, and implement strategies to mitigate them effectively.
Government Relations: Establish and maintain relationships with relevant government agencies and industry associations to stay informed and influence regulatory decisions where appropriate.
Quality Assurance: Oversee quality assurance programs to ensure that products consistently meet safety and performance standards.
Team Leadership: Manage a team of regulatory and compliance professionals, providing mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in regulatory and compliance roles within the chemical industry and 3+ years of leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant regulations, including FIFRA, VOC, FHSA, REACH, TSCA, PPPA, and other industry-specific standards.
- Proven experience in leading and managing regulatory compliance efforts.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills and experience in managing a team.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality.