Human Resources Generalist
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Onsite Flexibility: 100% onsite
Scheduled: 8 am – 5 pm M-F
Direct Hire; Amazing benefits!
Connecting People with Their Purpose
At TalentBridge, we know success begins with personal connections, and our goal is to fully understand your values, motivations, and passions, and then to connect you with companies whose values and motivations match your own.
Whether you're looking for temporary employment or a full-time career, the TalentBridge family is here to help.
About the Role
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily/weekly/monthly functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, CBA management, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and supporting company policies and practices. This position will serve as a partner to department heads and leaders in employee management and development.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Assists with negotiations and interpretations of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Processes payroll and all related activities including year-end.
- Evaluates current processes to change, train and implement for efficiencies.
Supervisory (Assists supervisors in the following processes.)
- Prioritizes, assigns and direct work and projects.
- Coordinates work schedules and manages leave requests.
- Effectively recommends the hire, transfer, assignment, promotion, reward, discipline, suspension, or discharge of employees.
- Establishes work standards, provides coaching and feedback, and conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Provides for ongoing training of employees in emerging methods, trends, and technologies, and proper and safe work methods and procedures.
- Monitors staff to ensure compliance with established methods, guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Effectively recommends adjustments or other actions in employee grievances.
- Delegates authority and responsibilities to others as needed.
- Disseminates instructions and information to employees through oral and written communications.
Other Related Duties
- Maintains awareness of pertinent legislation, regulations, and professional developments that may affect operations, and disseminates information to appropriate personnel.
- Represents the organization to outside groups and organizations.
- Attends and makes presentations at meetings.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Periodically participates in client and/or community events.
- Note – no assistant is provided only backup for payroll when you are out.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience running ADP payroll is a must.
- Experience writing job descriptions for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Previous experience working in a banking environment.
- Scanning and Electronic filing of personnel documents
- Incentive comp and salary administration a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Experience with a union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and dealing with grievances.
- Embrace and support the UBT Mission Statement and Core Values (will provide).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Experince within Banking/ Financial Services Industry
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR/SPHR a plus.