The Production Supervisor – manages and coordinates the activities of direct and indirect hourly associates in the Packing, Shipping, and Warehouse departments. The Supervisor is to ensure the efficient packing of surface closers, the on-time delivery of materials to the plant from the warehouse and coordinating shipping of the final product to the customer to meet order fill rate metrics. The supervisor ensures that company policies and guidelines are implemented and followed consistently and fairly.
- Responsible for the daily performance of the packaging, shipping and offsite warehouse departments.
- Supervises the daily delivery and production of material to the shipping department to maximize order fill rate and daily revenue targets.
- Owns departmental KPI's, including Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Utilizes problem-solving methodologies to determines root cause and implements corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance to all safety, quality, delivery, and productivity standards as well as other company policies.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement related initiatives.
- Communicates effectively up and down the organizational structure.
- Maintains high standards of performance, quality and customer service within all departments.
- Actively champions a culture of "safety first” throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Leads, coaches, mentors, rewards and disciplines associates in compliance with Company policies.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in a technical field or business management.
- 5+ years of experience in metals machining and electronics manufacturing.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, making effective real time decisions
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of lean or continuous improvement methodologies.
- B.S. degree in a technical field or business management, preferred.
- Domestic and International Shipping Experience and/or Warehousing a plus.