Position: Project Manager- Engineer in Consumer Foods
Location: Plymouth, MN
Hybrid Schedule, including Friday Summer Hours
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. You are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining us, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a disabled veteran or other veteran or military status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected by class status. We participates in E-Verify.
- Provides execution strategy and conducts final project negotiations; ensures project schedule baseline is approved prior to project commencement
- Manages and leads project team in order to achieve and further improve the cost, schedule, quality and EHS targets
- Ensures proper project deviation management; assess, approves and expedites technical aspects of change orders and defines effective claim strategies for customers, partners, subcontractors, etc.
- Prepares and performs project reviews and facilitates site briefing meetings, ensuring all site-related documents are delivered to site personnel, and organizes and participates in debriefing meetings following project conclusion
- Implements and maintains operating standards to ensure quality project results and customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure smooth operation of projects
- Establishes prevention and detection internal controls which addresses potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse, or mismanagement with reasonable assurance
- Provides guidance and support to project team members
- Participates in continual learning activities and applies practical application to work performed
- Must arrive to work predictably and promptly
- Performs other duties as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
*Management experience is a must- Working with Cost controls and key stalk holders*
*Ideally experience In the Floud, Chocolae, or powder/ ingredient handling*
*Managing 3-4 projects at a time- based on complexity as well as $$: $0- $8mil Dollar projects*
*first 90 days on-site- M+F= WFH, and T-TH in office, Summer Hours- Fridays off at 12*
- Bachelor's from an accredited institution in mechanical, electrical or automation engineering or related field with 3 years of experience in a Lead project engineering role; or a combination of education and experience; or Technical/Vocational diploma in drafting or mechanical engineering and 7 years of experience in a project engineering role.
- Knowledge and experience in the milling industry, food processing, bulk material handling or agriculture.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and SAP required, 3D Mechanical and Architect preferred; experience using Gantt charts preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: PMI Certification preferred
- Project Management – defines outcomes and expectations based on customer requirements and ensures and measures customer satisfaction
- Leadership – displays confidence and industry/department knowledge, while remaining approachable in a variety business situations
- Teamwork – works collaboratively with a group of employees in order to achieve a common goal
- Planning/Organizing – sets clear goals and functions effectively under critical and tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and other pressures
- Judgement/Decisions Making/Problem Solving – gathers and analyses information, identifies goals, explores and selects solutions, implements action plans and evaluates results
- Managing Risk – takes actions in which the benefits of the efficiency and effectiveness to service delivery are weighed against potential risks
- Detail Orientation – ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Interpersonal – works collaboratively with a group of employees in order to achieve a common goal
- Oral and Written Communications – presents information, analysis, and ideas in writing in a clear and concise manner; speaks clearly so that others can hear and understand what is being said
- Speaks and understands English
- Domestic and internal travel 15% time