TalentBridge is partnered with a global leading manufacturer of technical adhesives used in various industries. We are looking for a skilled automation & controls technician to add value to our growing team.
Position Summary: This individual will install, maintain, and replace automation systems throughout the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will be responsible for procedures and documents used to describe appropriate job functions within the Quality Management System.
- Coordinate proper safety permitting and provides control of shutdowns, startups, and building services in support of building projects
- Implementing, creating, updating, revising SAP related documents including PM’s, Maintenance Inventory for MRO, Completion of Production Orders in SAP.
- Initiate purchases for the Maintenance Department including replacement parts, new parts, spare parts, equipment, and services in coordination with the requestor, CTC Purchasing, and the seller.
- Work with Maintenance, Production and Facilities to plan required work.
- Coordinate the periodic (annual, monthly, etc.) visits and services provided by outside vendors, OEM’s, suppliers, service providers, etc.
- Support 6S activities.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Proactively search, log, and stage equipment for minimal downtime during repairs
- Proactively search and provide OEM part numbers for rapid ordering of spares
- Perform daily rounds of all equipment interacting with operators to proactively prevent unplanned breakdowns
- Possess multiple skills in the areas of fluid power, manufacturing processes, electricity, electronics, and mechanical systems
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with peers
- Possess a deep understanding of Ethernet communication, Siemens PLC/HMI, and Lenze VFD
- Demonstrate knowledge concerning general safety protocol and procedures regarding field operations
- Possess broad-based knowledge to successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems that relate to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.
- Electro-mechanical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge in the areas of computers and electronics which relates to circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer software and hardware
- Mechanical knowledge concerning machines and tools. It includes design, uses, repair, and maintenance
HS Diploma- Required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4-5 experience in related field (minimum).