TalentBridge has partnered with a Top manufacturer with a is a state-of-the-art manufacturing site located south of Charlotte, NC area. We are actively looking for Manufacturing Engineers for our local operation.
Summary: Applies design and manufacturing engineering principles to develop facilities, equipment, fixtures and tooling used in processing or manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Kaizen/Continuous Improvement projects as a normal portion of job duties.
- Participate in cross functional product team meetings and activities to foster a spirit of cooperation and collaboration within and between departments to ensure customer order deadlines & expectations are met and work goals are achieved. Contribute to team effort as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements. Using Kaizen tools/techniques, interact with shop floor personnel and other employees to develop solutions to eliminate reoccurrence of problems, develop standardized work processes and drive continuous improvements to help the company meet Safety, Quality, Productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Confer with design groups to determine product design specifications and requirements.
- Arrange for purchase and design of equipment, fixtures, tools, …needed to establish efficient assembly methods that will meet the product specifications and quality standards. Have equipment, fixtures and tooling fabricated, qualified and available in specific times to meet project deadlines as directed. Oversees finances involved in contractual fabrication work.
- Determine feasibility and designs for new/modified equipment/tool/method for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving Safety, Quality, workflow, space utilization, … considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Create, maintain, and control Process Documentation including PFMEA, standardize work sheets to meet safety, quality and productivity goals on a daily basis. Regularly perform Process and Methods audits of assembly lines to ensure compliance with approved standards.
- Provide Training to assembly support employees (line leaders and seniors), production supervisors and maintenance technicians on new process changes and equipment, tooling, or fixture changes to insure correct operation and methods.
- Troubleshoot process/tool/equipment problems. Identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Ensures Company 5-S Standards are observed in respect to assigned task and areas of responsibility. (Tooling, Fixtures, Equipment)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing engineering and technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Recent Graduates with proven experience through internships and co-ops are encouraged to apply
(Preferred) Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university; and two to four years' of related experience or training.