Company Overview: TalentBridge is partnered with one of the regions leading developers of high-tech electro-mechanical products and systems. Committed to innovation and excellence, we are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to play an integral part of the NPI team development manufacturing processes of new, cutting-edge technology.
Position Overview: What We Are Looking For:
The Manufacturing Engineer should have a strong technical background and experience in electro-mechanical design, assembly processes, and test. Previous experience in a highly collaborative environment and working cross-funtionally with team through NPI phases.
- The Manufacturing Engineer must be a leader, strategic thinker, and problem solver.
- Must be able to combine detailed technical knowledge with operations and project/program management.
- Ownership of projects at different phases will be required.
- Ideallly well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and organizational goals.
- Must be able to communicate with internal company personnel, as well as customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to co-develop mechanical, hardware, and software solutions.
- Perform life cycle testing of new designs to ensure reliability.
- Debugs complex mechanical assemblies and hardware.
- Evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications.
- Able to interpret test specifications from Engineering in order to write test plans as required.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components
- Work with operators and assembly to improve process with real-time feedback
- Support test technicians by troubleshooting difficult problems and traning technicians in techniques to resolve issues.
- Develop test equipment and test assemblies
- Drive initiative for improvements in overall ptoduct quality
- Projects: include system integration, software/hardware validation, requirements definition, DFM/DFT
- Develops and maintains standard processes and training for the production line.
- Consult and work to develop functional test hardware for board level and hardware assemblies.
- Prioritize and communicate product sustaining issues across product lines and regions in coordination with project/ program management.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Electrical preferred.
- Preferred 3 – 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Preferred experience applying lean six sigma tools in a production environment.
- Proficient with SolidWorks.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Poka-yoke and mistake proofing experience.
- Background in quality systems a plus.
- Ability to understand and implement PPAP, FMEA and Control Plans.
- Working with Product Development, advising on manufacturing processes