We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Geophysics Project Manager to join our team. As a Geophysics Project Manager, you will independently apply your professional knowledge and expertise to successfully complete projects ranging from routine to high complexity. Under the general direction of a supervisor, you will provide technical leadership, interact with clients, and oversee all aspects of project management, including data evaluation, interpretation, and reporting. Additionally, you will be responsible for business development, client relationship management, and ensuring adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Lead and manage public and commercial/industrial geophysics projects, as well as geophysical tasks within internal company projects.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, actively participating in project business development.
- Represent the company at professional society functions and present at conferences.
- Coordinate Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes to identify teaming opportunities.
- Demonstrate technical expertise across various geophysical survey methods, including but not limited to cross-hole and downhole seismic, seismic reflection and refraction, electromagnetics, ground penetrating radar, electrical resistivity, induced polarization, multichannel analysis of surface waves, refraction microtremor, spontaneous potential, vibration monitoring, acoustic televiewer, borehole geophysical logging, and radio frequency line locating.
- Exhibit leadership qualities and ensure timely completion of projects within proposed budgets.
- Implement and enforce corporate and project-specific health and safety procedures.
- Supervise and train junior-level staff in fieldwork, report writing, and project management.
- Prepare project deliverables and review documents from junior-level staff or other office groups.
- Understand contract-related matters, such as limitations of liability, indemnification, reliance, and dispute resolution.
- Develop proposals and cost estimates using logical and consistent procedures.
- Manage project budgets, payable invoices, and receivable invoices.
- Travel part-time as required within the country.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Geophysics, Geology, Engineering, or a related field.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the chosen technical field, with a proven track record of achievements (minimum of three years at the management level).
- Professional registration is not mandatory but desired, with the expectation of obtaining it based on state and degree requirements, if applicable.
Saint Louis, MO