Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. Our team offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking an Assistant Human Resources Manager for our Charlotte, NC Plant.
Position Summary: Responsible for the support of the Human Resource Function at their manufacturing facility in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
The primary responsibilities are coordinating the recruitment and staffing of hourly and salary positions, managing the weekly staffing requirements, handling day to day employee relations issues, working in conjunction with the HR Manager to promote and maintain a positive working relationship within the facility, administering policies, investigating and solving problems, coaching supervisors, and working with corporate staff on system, payroll and benefit issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruiting/staffing and on-boarding of hourly and salary employees.
- Maintain salary and hourly employment records.
- Coach supervisory team in labor relations maintenance, guidance and coordination of performance evaluation administration, corrective actions, attendance and policy violation discipline issuance and tracking.
- Support functional team members with goals, objectives, developmental requirements and annual reviews.
- Investigate employee relations issues and concerns.
- Support and comply with Quality, Environmental and 5-S programs.
- Support EHS team with compliance and employee relations through claims process when needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of plant rules, procedures and policies.
- Verify and issue appropriate disciplinary action issuance for infraction of rules.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, including ADA, EEOC, and FMLA.
- Coordinate the administration of plant security.
- Assist with professional development & team skills training.
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit plans, payroll processes, and employee self-service and assist employees as appropriate.
- Oversee hourly vacation scheduling and processing of hourly vacation pay.
- Administer attendance program.
- Oversee weekly and bi weekly payroll process
- Generate weekly shift roster.
- Administer safety glass, shoe, and educational reimbursement programs.
- EAP referrals.
- Process employment verifications.
- Coordinate and lead plant functions and community activities programs
- Administer the hiring process of salaried employees.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the corporate office, finance, and leadership teams as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires a BS degree in Human Resources and five years of related experience.
- HR management experience in a manufacturing plant is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- The ability to effectively work with all levels in the facility and with the corporate office.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.